Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Only in Kansas....

Two days after Zelda was born and we were still in the hospital, I was getting ready to take a shower when the tornado sirens went off. We live in Kansas so I thought nothing of it, until Gabe knocked on my bathroom door to inform me the rest of the family would be in the hall and to hurry up and finish my shower.

I rinsed off, jumped out, halfway dried off, threw clothes on, and headed into the hall where everyone from Labor and Delivery was gathered. There was a full on, touching the ground, tornado outside the window. Zelda was still in the NICU and we were told she was safer than we were, but we were all still on the sixth floor and it made me nervous.

Thankfully, the tornado was far away, it never reached us, and all is well.

I guess Zelda is a tried and true Kansan with her first tornado under her belt.