Gratitude

After dealing with the stress of a high risk pregnancy, and watching two women with the exact same condition as me have to say goodbye to their babies I write this to remind myself.

Tonight Zelda laid next to me all snuggled up as I typed up a homework assignment. I looked at her and couldn't help but think "I know she is going to be awake and ready to eat and look around as soon as I finish this."

And I am grateful for that. I am grateful for every grunt, squirm, and cry. I am grateful for the sleep deprivation. I am grateful for the diaper changes and weeks of isolation that come with a newborn.

I am grateful because it means we got to bring our daughter home with us. These things mean she is healthy and thriving. They mean I get to watch my daughter grow and take in the world around her.

Popular Posts