Sunday, March 6, 2016

Help me find the way...

You know those movies (often based on a John Grisham novel or loosely on real events) where justice is served to the big bad insurance company?

That didn't happen.

My mom lost her court case. She lost even though the truck driver rear ended her, while he was speeding, in icy conditions, and talking on the phone.

It happens. Life is not a feel good movie with a famous Matt winning for the little guy.

My mom needs a new brace, a new walker, and better therapy for pain management, among other things. I don't have answers as to how she will get those things but I do know "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."

This isn't a declaration of throwing my hands in the air or giving up on searching for solutions to the above problems. It is a declaration that I know everything in this life is given to us and regardless of status or outcome of events the Lord loves me, He loves my mom. He is watching over her in ways I do not comprehend.