Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016: [En]Joy

I have about six other blog posts I need to work on but this one is at the forefront of my mind and so it will come first.

Each year I choose a one word New Years resolution (see previous years here and here). Post baby hormones and thyroid issues have done a number on me this time around and depression hit me hard. I threw myself into being a mother, school work, fitness and health, and my church calling but I couldn't shake the underlying feeling of emptiness and loss. I was definitely dedicated but there was a hollowness to it all.

So this year I chose a word that resonates with my soul. Something I have had in fleeting moments but haven't been able to grasp long term for awhile: [En]Joy.




And I plan on living life with that word in the back of my mind all year long.