Take back my life...

I just finished (and won) a 6 week health challenge. This is the second time I've done one of these challenges.

The first time around it was about pushing the rules as far as I could without breaking them. I was pregnant, and craved food in general.
But this time around I found a fight in me I think I forgot was there. I got up at 5 some mornings to work out after going to bed far too late. I maxed out on my reps and did my best to push myself during my workouts. I like plain carrot juice now y'all.


But, I also did things like ate most of my vegetables dipped in ranch dressing and enjoyed a Braum's 1/3 pound cheeseburger one night for dinner.

And I loved my body through all of it.

I have transitioned myself to a plant based diet and except for the occasional indulgence I'm sticking to lower sugar consumption. I drink water almost constantly it seems. I also don't eat a lot of meat, but that's just what I do to keep my stomach happy.

I am making weights a priority in my workout routines.
I am committing to working out at least 5x a week for at least 30 minutes.
I am enjoying my 10 minutes of stretching 4x a week.

There is really nothing I did that shouldn't be part of a typical healthy routine. Although, I firmly believe in occasional indulgence. There is nothing that screams health freak (ok, maybe drinking beet and carrot juice) or workout obsessed.

But the results have been much better than I imagined. I feel like I'm becoming reacquainted with an old friend; the happier, healthier, doesn't take people's crap version of myself.

 And she's a pretty cool woman.

For before and after pictures and challenge details click here.

Popular Posts