And with the sun comes purpose....

One of my goals this year was to start a journal for each of my kids (Did I just use the plural of that word?! Things are getting real...).

I've been writing letters in my journal to Roland and Hazel since I found out about each of them, but I realized I want them to have their own copy to look back on and take with them if they chose, or leave sitting in my storage space for me to get sentimental over years later... either way.

As I sat down to write the first entry in each one I was almost overwhelmed with the idea of how to help them not only survive, but thrive in this world. I stressed and thought about it... only to realize I can't write that down in one lesson, and even if I tried the answer will be different for each of them at different moments in their lives.

So I settled for a heartfelt note of I love yous and different experiences we have had with each of them, in hopes that it will help them figure out who they are and in turn how each one of them can fulfill their purpose on this earth. Because, as a twenty-seven year old, I am still figuring out all of my purposes... and I think it will be that way for the rest of my life.


Popular Posts