And the rocket's red glare...

This 4th of July was a blast. Gabe was supposed to get time off work but ended up not being able to so we stayed in town. But my mom and stepdad's plans fell through as well and so they brought my little brothers down and we had a low key but fun 4th of July filled with a cookout, fireworks, and "swimming" in Roland's first little inflatable pool.

Our city has a ban on any sort of fireworks, which had me really bummed out because I love fireworks and I wanted Roland to experience them. We ended up driving out to the country to set of a few of our own and as luck would have it someone else was setting off quite the aerial show close enough that we were able to enjoy it as well. Ro was passed out most of the time but we decided to wake him up for the fountains and I am so glad. He sat there mesmerized, cooing and squealing in delight as Gabe, John, and Benji set off the fountains.



After, we went home and roasted marshmallows for S'mores and Roland was so excited when Papa gave him a little taste.



As everyone tapered off to bed Gabe and I sat on the back porch looking at our green backyard and adorable sleeping little boy.

Sometimes I marvel at the fact that this is my life. It might not be super exciting, and we may live in a small Texas town where not a lot happens, but I am grateful to be here, raising my son, married to my best friend, figuring out this life of ours.

Popular Posts