Tuesday, July 8, 2014

1/2 Year New Year's Resolution Check In

I've been doing a lot of deep thinking as of late... and I realized that I was not as appreciative of this time and place in my life as I should be.
We live in the Texas heat, where not much surrounds us culturally,  Gabe doesn't have a lot of time off work, we only have one car and I'm a stay at home mother.
It gets lonely at times and there are days I crave for a bit more than housework and our tight budget we have set for ourselves. I am a person who likes to be out and about doing things and going places,  making to do lists and fulfilling them. I love to learn and research and try new things.
But I remember a time when I was doing all of those things and there was a void in my life. I wanted so badly to be a mother. I knew that was what I really wanted from life and so Gabe and I decided what was most important to us. And I remember that I don't miss those days quite as much as I thought I did.
My one word New Year's resolution this year is purpose. And I think the realization that I have come to is that real purpose does not come without sacrifice.
And I am more than willing to sacrifice for the opportunity to be a wife, a mother, a disciple of Christ. I will not always be perfect. I will many times fall short. But when I realize what matters most,  the sacrifices seem much smaller than I originally anticipated.