I've been called that before...

Growing up a Hermione had its advantages:

I rarely got in trouble at home or school for anything academic

I was always getting advanced homework and lessons so I could finish them on my own time frame (I can't tell you how many times I ended up in the library just reading, or in the debate room researching because I had finished all of my lessons for a particular subject)

I got away with reading fiction during History

And this list goes on. I think my favorite was when my 4th grade teacher gave me a ride home on her motorcycle on the last day of school

But growing up a Hermione wasn't always advantageous:

I got called a know-it-all more times than I can count... well into my senior year of college

I had people befriend me simply to use me for homework etc, sometimes without my permission which almost got me expelled

People assume(d it still happens) that I am smarter than I actually am and there were plenty of days when I metaphorically ended up in the girls bathroom attempting to ward off a troll.

But at the end of the day I like who I am, even when that little know it all Heather tends to surface again.





Popular Posts