Roland Isaac is 3 Weeks Old

Roland has his third doctor's appointment last week. He has grown and changed so much in these three weeks.

Stats:
7 pounds 6 ounces (We have gained a pound since birth, yes!)
21 1/2 inches long
13 3/4 head circumference

This week Roland had a lot of firsts. He was in his first car wreck (thankfully it was a fender bender), he had his first long trip in the car, his first trip to IKEA and most importantly he had his first Eaton visitor, Uncle Josh. Josh flew into Austin from Chicago to come meet Roland. I think it is safe to say they are both smitten.

Roland is growing and is much more alert during the day. He will grunt when he is unhappy and coo whenever he is content. One of my favorite times is after he is fed and has a clean diaper and will look at us and coo, as if in gratitude. So adorable. One of my other favorite times is when Gabe comes home. Roland will look around for him when he hears his voice and smiles. The bond between those two is definitely special and it melts my hormonal heart.

Before Roland was born I decided that I wanted him to have a lullaby that was just his, something that I came up with after looking at him and getting to know him a little bit. A few hours after his birth Roland was fussy and I was trying to get him to calm down, as I looked at my little jaundiced baby the song Yellow by Coldplay popped into my head and I softly sang it to him. He quieted down and that became his song. I sing it almost every night when I put him to bed and he's usually asleep by the end of it.

 This is by far one of my favorite pictures of these two. Roland was cooing a bit and Starky sat there without moving, I think he was a bit shocked. 





                        Father son bonding...

                            Long and thin...



Popular Posts