Monday, January 20, 2014

Of Electric Dreams...

After I completed my last round of foot surgeries, I never thought I would have to go this long without running. And after a stress filled week I am craving a long, make my muscles and lungs scream in protest as I push myself to the physical limit, kind of run.

Obviously, that is not a reality. So instead I peruse Amazon for nursing sports bras and new running shoes while I think about how much I wanted this, longed for it. I cannot believe how soon we will have little Roland in our arms. I watch Gabe and he interacts with other children and Starky. I see in him so much goodness and kindness, playfulness and wonder, strength and devotion.

My children are so lucky they get to have Gabe as a father, and I am so grateful that he is my partner in crime throughout the adventure of parenthood.