Travel back in time with you to where this all began...

Sometimes it is really fun to remember all the little things that happened as Gabe and I went from friends to... friendlier. Don't get me wrong, I love our relationship at the moment (especially as he is crawling on his hands and knees around the house chasing after Starky). But some of those moments were just kind of adorable and I never really wrote in my journal back then.

So... once upon a time, when Gabe and I were just friends he went waaaay over his texting limit (remember those) and almost all of the texts were to the same number, mine. I had assumed that because he text me so frequently he didn't have a limit. Nope. Luckily, the hundreds of dollars on his bill were negotiated and he didn't get into too much trouble. Looking back on our friendship at that time the texts couldn't have been too substantial. Mostly song lyrics (see this post), inside jokes, college woes and overall nonsense.

One of my requests after I die (because that happens, we totally get requests... right?) is to be able to go back and reread all of those messages between two kids who had no idea that they were talking to their future spouse.

Popular Posts