Safe and Warm

Gabe's job has been pretty hectic lately, he frequently goes in for twelve hour days. He comes home exhausted and still needs to study and workout. Some days the house is pristine and dinner is almost ready.Other days I crawl out of bed, exhausted and sick, just long enough to say hello and order pizza or thaw a frozen dinner. Pregnancy hasn't been easy on this body of mine, but I regularly feel guilty for the days when I stay in bed or end up sleeping on the couch.

The other day Gabe came home and held on extra long to our hello hug. I asked him "What's up?" He replied "I don't know why, but I really missed you today." and placed a kiss on my forehead. I am so grateful to be adored by that man, to be his safe place that  he comes home to after a long day.

We don't have moments like that every day... and probably not even every week. But, when we do I am grateful for them.

Popular Posts