Tuesday, October 15, 2013

And that's how the story goes...

Not long after Gabe and I got married we had a discussion about adventures...
When we were freshman we talked a lot about traveling internationally, and both of us have a few goals to do so. But, when we got married we were extremely poor and knew that there wouldn't be any kind of international travel for quite some time.

I'm not sure what started this discussion but I distinctively remember what Gabe said in response (so much in fact that this comment is the reason for the name of this blog). He said "I know a lot of guys are out there looking for their next adventure. For me, getting married to you was the next adventure."

As we tighten our budget even more to include a child and healthcare (thank you parents for letting us stay on your plans until age 26) I realize that this is our next adventure. One day, I hope we will visit London, see the ancient ruins in Rome or even just travel to Canada. But for now, I am grateful I have someone by my side who is so excited that figuring out parenthood is the next adventure.