Chairs to sit and sidewalks to walk on...

This past weekend we were able to head down to Houston for a quick overnight stay to visit our friends James and Haley. They were married a little less than a month ago and because I was on bed rest for two weeks we were unable to go. It was great to see them and we didn't realize how nice it would be to escape town, even for a few days.

We left Friday right after Gabe got off work, but due to a series of unfortunate events we didn't get into Houston until late at night and we stayed up talking and eating a late but tasty dinner until almost 2am. Saturday morning we all slept in. Starky only escaped into where James and Haley were sleeping twice to try and wake them up. That dog...

We decided to hit up the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and eat lunch at the food trucks across the street. While the food trucks never showed up the MOFA was pretty spectacular, even if my poor pregnant feet were beyond swollen. But to make up for those toes, we ate probably the best pizza I have ever experienced. I will seriously have dreams about the pizza, and my mouth waters when I think about it. I also can't tell you how excited I was that Gabe ate a Margarita pizza that he liked.

One thing I love about trips like this is the chance to spend one-on-one time with Gabe, for the most part uninterrupted. We have some of our best conversations on these trips. It was also so wonderful to spend time with James and Haley. I am so grateful the Lord has blessed us with such good friends, and seeing them made getting used to Texas that much easier. Even if I failed to take a single picture along the way.

Popular Posts