When you belong to a song...

One of the things that I love about Gabe is that he understands how much I absolutely love music. We might not always like the same tunes but he understands how I can swoon over lyrics, feel moved by a piece and the need for music in my life. I think we both used music as a means of therapy to get us through those angst ridden teenage years and because of that it continues to heal and help us through life's calamities.

Somewhere between friendship and something more we decided to start sending each other songs to answer the question "How is your day going?" It wasn't always that the lyrics and the notes combined answered the question, sometimes it would be one or the other. Other times it would just be a line that mattered, like if he just woke up he would text me a song with those words in it etc.
Here are a few songs I can remember exchanging :

 1. The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows - Brand New
 2. Attack - 30 Seconds to Mars
 3. Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
 4. Embers and Envelopes - Mae
 5. I Wish- Secret Handshake
 6. Way Away - Yellowcard
 7. My Name is Jonas - Weezer
 8. Therapy - Relient K
 9. Kick Drum Heart - The Avett Brothers
10. Your Hand in Mine - Explosions in the Sky
11. Burn Out Brighter (Northern Lights) - Anberlin
12. Green Eyes - Coldplay
13. Annie Waits - Ben Folds
14. The Perfect Mistake - Cartel

Popular Posts