In the lazy summer. . .

We moved. To Texas.

Which is why I haven't posted anything on this blog in ages... among the long list of things that go along with moving.

Adult life should come with a warning. Seriously. I have been "on my own" since the day I left for college. But, at that point , all my possessions fit into the car that my brother gave me, to a place where I knew people. I wasn't in a hurry to find a permanent career and my 18 year old self thought she was invincible, so no need for renters, health or life insurance.

Fast forward to being married, with a lot more stuff, moving cross country for Gabe's first real job to a place where we know no one. In the words of a dear friend "It feels weird now that we're grown ups out of Provo. Jobs...?!? When did this happen?"

Oh how I agree.

There are both positives and negatives to it. I'm enjoying more time at home and finally finishing up my undergrad. Gabe loves that he isn't in a stagnant job, there is a purpose to what he is doing and he can move up if he works hard. We have ended up with more time together and are making an effort to reach out and get to know people better, even if we are home bodies.

We're excited to be closer to both of our families, and I am grateful to be able to connect with all my Texas friends from what seems life forever ago. We even have a few college friends who live a few hours away.

Life is good, we are safe and happy. I can't really ask for more than that.



Popular Posts