Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Be still... wild and young

    As a graduation present to each other Gabe and I decided to go skydiving in Moab. It was amazing... while that word is overused I am not sure there is another way to explain it. Gabe and I agree he had the better tandem partner, but I can't really complain about someone who enabled me to enjoy such an astounding experience for the first time. Yes, I said first time. Both Gabe and I agree we want to do this again.


Before the jump... I didn't choose the jumpsuit but I told the guy my brother was going to mock me because it is camo.... Go ahead Matt... I can hear you laughing from here...

Super excited...? In the words of Gabe's tandem partner "That's a lot of camo..."

This is when he said "Alright, one final picture and then we're going to open the door."

 The awesomeness that is my neck muscles.
 Up is down and down is up...






 The view was breathtaking... and not just because we were jumping in the maximum allotted winds.

 It was so fantastic that I broke my goggles... or something.


 It was windy enough that as we were taking the picture above the wind caught our chute and pulled us down. Luckily, this guy had the sense to stand on it.

Gabe and his partner before the jump...
 The tiny plane we jumped from... 
 We flew higher and higher...
 and got an extra long look at the view because it was almost too windy for us to jump.
 He was excited...
 I love this expression... Gabe said this was his favorite part, actually jumping from the plane.





 During the jump we were able to direct the flight... but really they just let us steer as long as we didn't need to turn.


So glad I was able to go... even better, Gabe went with me.