What gives a girl Power and punch? Is it charm, is it poise? No, it's hairspray!

So we have this amazing friend... who has done my hair basically since I came out to college and Gabe's for longer than we've been married. (She did my hair for my wedding and even wore a dorky bridesmaid dress for me) She moved to Hawaii once... but came back. She is up in Salt Lake these days and if it was just hair that I went to her for I probably wouldn't frequent the drive as much. But it isn't. She is an astounding person and I love to get to be around her.

A few weeks ago she had an open house, a try out for the salon she has been training at for the past year and a half or so. I was flattered when she asked me to be in it and I was grateful to be able to watch her go from model to model perfecting the look she was going for. But it wasn't just that, I was able to see her in her element. Talking to people from different walks of life, people she knows and loves.

And it was so fun to get my makeup and hair done by this amazing lady.

A week before the open house she dyed my hair darker, gave it a little trim and did this awesome blow drying curl thing that I have been trying to figure out ever since:

Day of with the other models (photo credit goes to Natalie Sant):



I don't think I have ever worn this much makeup in my life.But I was okay with it.

Please excuse the following duck faces, and annoying self portraits... pay attention to the hair. And makeup.


And my hair was just a little poofy when I took it all down:



So much fun. Thank you for letting me be apart of it Ashley. All of it.

Popular Posts