Monday, August 6, 2012

The lift before the crash

I started a new round of projects this past weekend... refinishing our dresser and bedside tables (so they finally match) and redecorating our place (so much is still in boxes from the indecisive moving that took place this summer). I love learning new skills, failing a little bit and learning a little more. Or deciding that something isn't for me (like cutting Gabe's hair).

We ran into some friends at the market the other day and I about melted as Gabe bent down and played with their 5 month old little girl. One day...

We have been frequenting the shaved ice stand far too frequently as of late, but I'm not complaining.


We went to the newest local theater to see The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) with one of Gabe's mission companions, the rest of the night was flooded with memories of high school forensics and laughing at the younger version of us.

I made my first successful no recipe, from scratch baked goods yesterday (Snickers brownie bites)


We found some delicious whole wheat dough for our chicken, turkey pepperoni, spinach, banana pepper, white sauce pizza.

We enjoyed each other's company and delicious food. Oh and Gabe is now sporting a full out ginger beard


Handsome man that he is...

I have loved this summer and how much time we have been able to spend together.


And for once my fortune cookie was right