Thursday, August 30, 2012

California Pt. 3

Saturday morning came all too early as I dragged myself out of bed to hit the gym. It woke me up and by the time I got back to the room Lyss was stirring but Gabe was still passed out.

A few showers later Gabe realized that he forgot to bring his white shirt. We were supposed to leave in 30 minutes and the nearest store was at least that far away.

It was quite a morning and ended up with me begging Andy's brother Matt to park our car so I could sprint up to the temple in order to not miss the wedding. Ha!

The wedding was beautiful and I was so grateful to be there. Two hours of sitting in the sun waiting for my husband to finish with pictures wasn't so great. But, it happens.

I am still a little in shock that Andy is married. Married. Andy... I guess he had to do it sometime, and he couldn't have made a better choice.

At the luncheon Paul tried to shove as much jello into his mouth as possible.


 We are quite the mature bunch.

After lunch, Gabe and I headed back to our hotel where we took a loooooong and wonderful nap... then up to the reception it was. The groomsmen took charge of decorating the car and had a few younger siblings sneak into the back seat and silently wait... you could tell the moment they were discovered because Andy hit the brakes and jumped out of the car.

That night we drove a couple home and it was funny to realize how many connections we had. A friend from Dallas, an old roommate, an old coworker, not to mention the bride and groom... in true cliche form it is a small world after all.