I feel loved, I'm burning like a fuse

We have been pretty busy as of late... aside from the normal work and school that is our life.

Two weekends ago we went indoor skydiving in Ogden and had a barbecue at James' parent's house. The skydiving was so much fun! It was almost like a roller coaster with no restraints, flying 50 feet into the sky and plunging back down to be caught by an air current. Gabe says he is willing to try skydiving after that, and I have started looking into coupons and places. The evening turned out to be hours of swimming, Cansasta, good food and some of the best company. As we drove home late that night, everyone calling to check on one another after a wreck on the highway, Gabe and I talked about anything and everything... catching up with each other's lives (because work and life does that to us) and for a moment it was like a glimpse from our Freshman year of college.

Last Monday, I went to SLC to get my hair done and wound up eating dinner with one of my favorite red heads, his adorable awesome (14 year-olds are far too old for adorable) little brother and my all time favorite hair stylist and her sidekick. The only thing that would have made it better was if Gabe could have got off work... Hopefully next time.

Pioneer Day started off with me finally getting certified as a SAF (Service to the Armed Forces) member at the Red Cross and Gabe going for a run. Next stop was the water park and me needlessly injuring myself. We ended the night cuddled up to watch Dark Night Rises. It was good, but my favorite part was walking out of the theater to watch a sky lit up with fireworks. I am a sucker for an excellent firework show, especially when it coincides with normal happenings in my life. There is something about the pops and bursts of light that make life seem magical.

This past weekend was full of baby showers, and lost phones, and trying delicious food from a used-to-be gas station and Butterbeer snow cones. I got the nerve up to paint our dresser but didn't have the time. I really want to finish it before the school year has started so maybe I will put it on my to-do list this weekend...


Popular Posts