Here is what I know and some of what I do not:
1. I am not okay with people using the word gay as an adjective that means stupid. Ever. I will admit I have used it, but I didn't really understand what it meant, and when I did, I stopped.
2. I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of his children.
3. I know that I do not believe in gay marriage. I know so many people will not understand this. I don't expect people to understand.
But I know I like what Elton John has to say on the subject:
"I don't want to be married. I'm very happy with a civil partnership. If gay people want to get married, or get together, they should have a civil partnership. The word 'marriage,' I think, puts a lot of people off. You get the same equal rights that we do when we have a civil partnership. Heterosexual people get married. We can have civil partnerships."
4. I know what it is like to feel absolutely alone in this world. It is a horrible feeling and I hope that you know you are not alone, no matter who you are.
5. The gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect, but the people in it are not. I am not perfect, I do not understand this subject perfectly. But a perfect Father in Heaven does, and He loves each one of us, completely and totally.
6. I do not need to understand why some people are gay and others are not. I do not need to understand if they were born that way or if it was a combination of genetics and social settings.
I do need to know that the Lord has commanded us to love one another.
I do need to know that my job is not to condemn but to love. Most importantly I need to know what an apostle of the Lord said recently:
When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following: Stop it! It’s that simple. We simply have to stop judging others and replace judgmental thoughts and feelings with a heart full of love for God and His children. God is our Father. We are His children. We are all brothers and sisters.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ym0jXg-hKCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>