Sunday, April 8, 2012

Once in a while...

I love Easter. Mostly because I am able to remember the sacrifice of my Savior Jesus Christ, and all that He has done for me. As I sat at church with my sister on one side and my husband on the other, all of us singing this song I couldn't help but he entirely grateful for all that I have been given.


The other reasons I love Easter? 

1. I love helping with Easter baskets, and since this year I have no small children close in proximity I made Emily and Gabe baskets. Emily's was much cooler than it looks here...

2. I love spending time with family (even if it isn't everyone)

 of course she is helping to clean up all of the olive oil that sprayed everywhere when I tried to baste the potatoes when the lid wasn't tightly secured...
 I caught Emily smiling... in a picture. Win
 see the whiteboard behind Gabe? that is a long list of things I need to do before we leave to Texas... in between two jobs and finals. Maybe I had a mini meltdown today (which might have consisted of writing out everything I need to do, in great detail, for the next few weeks, in several places and then laughing over nonsensical things like the fact that we were eating ham on Easter... )
 So I like declaring my love for my husband with a bedazzled egg... it happens
 Emily captured my "intense kid face"
 The finished product... minus a man down.
 Oh and dinner was nice too... salad (not shown here, we do eat veggies sometimes), fruit salad, garlic roasted potatoes, deviled eggs (family recipe I finally got my hands on) and glazed ham