Monday, March 12, 2012

... love was all we knew aka our weekend pt. 2

Saturday night was full of homework and quizzes...

at 6 I decided I wanted to go on a run...

by 6:40 I had an ipod running list and headed out the door. it was sunny, my arms and legs welcomed a chance to be free of cover. I had mapped out my run to my sister's house and back... a perfect 6 miles.

my sister happens to live next door to my friend Alyssa... who happened to be home when I finally made my halfway point and let me get a drink, use her phone to text Gabe that I wasn't in fact lying in a ditch in the road but that I was taking longer than expected, and to warm up for a moment. (how is that for a run on sentence... )

on the way back, I was freezing. the sun had set and my thin shirt and running shorts were no match for the wind. I also forgot it was uphill... I walked a little bit... then started running... my ipod died. I walked and ran intermittently for the rest of the way, my body screaming in protest. I made it back home... slipped into a hot bath and silently cheered at my accomplishment. This is the longest I have run since my surgery... It proves I can actually run that far with all the metal in my feet and be just fine.

Sunday we woke up around 11:30 only to realize neither of us were feeling that great. let's just say Gabe was in the bathroom for one reason or another all day, followed by a visit to the hospital for being extremely dehydrated... three IV bags later and they let us go home. He was up almost the entire night and finally got back to sleep around 6 this morning...

And here we are... on Monday. I talked Gabe into one more day of rest and he has been mostly sleeping since then.