Monday, March 26, 2012

Last chance for changing lanes...

I have come to the conclusion that I am just not a picture taking person... so excuse the lack of pictures on this post... and all of the previous ones. I have a goal, and when I am not working two jobs and going to school I am pretty sure I will achieve it.

This weekend... why do I always write about my weekends? I'm not sure... maybe because we are not running around like chickens with our heads cut off, getting up 30 minutes too late, breakfast usually a granola bar and maybe a piece of fruit, getting home later than expected only to do a mountain of homework.

Yeah... no one wants to hear about that.

So.. this weekend started a little early for us. Thursday night we went to the pre-premiere of The Hunger Games with our friends The Browns. It was a lot of fun, and we met some more of the people who will be in Texas with us this summer.

The movie itself was unique and we enjoyed it. Yes it was a bit gruesome, but it didn't seem to bother most people and I thought it was dealt with tastefully, much of the violence is implied. Oh, and word to the wise, if you go see it don't sit terribly close to the front, it made a few of us motion sick.

Saturday night our friends Mark and Chelsea dropped by and we ended up having a fantastic and spontaneous night. Pizza was delivered, followed by dessert at The Awful Waffle, a Belgium waffle and crepe stand where the toppings range from fruit and Nutella to bacon and spinach (if you live in the Provo area and haven't been to this place you are missing out).

We decided some bowling might be fun and ended up spending one of our games doing goofy things like bowling like a robot and throwing the ball with your eyes closed. Gabe beat all of us both games with some killer strikes... I think that Wii bowling has really paid off.

We then ended up at our favorite park in Orem, where there were ducks and swings and even a little bit of chalk from Festival of Colors left over for us to mess around with.

Sunday night was probably our last game night in Provo for awhile. Great company and great food, we ended up making two batches of the renamed Snickerdoodle Popcorn (recipe here)

I am going to miss this for the next four months. But, then again, living 20 minutes from the ocean and Kemah Boardwalk will probably help.