2011 was full of car wrecks and surgeries, heartbreaks and love. Here are some of the highlights:
11. We survived another few semesters of school. Gabe has been working extra hard and hasn't taken a break since last summer but it has all paid off and this time next year we will be job searching or applying for grad school... or living in a van down by the river.
10. We passed Bessie the Beast down to Emily and said hello to a new (to us) car. This is notable because Bessie has become like a member of the family going from my parents, to Gabe and me, and now on to Em. Goodbye Bessie, you have served us well.
9. Gabe had a song dedicated to him at a live concert. It was his birthday and we know the lead singer of the band, definitely a night for the books.
8. We started and ended our own company all in one year: Eaton Organizing. While it was moderately successful, we decided that we have no interest in running a company, working for BYU and going to school simultaneously. Who knew we would be retiring before age 25? Man are we talented.
7. Most people get a pet before they have children, Gabe and I inherited a teenager for a few months. Heather's younger brother Adam (we can't really call him little when he is over 6 feet tall) came to live with us while her mother continued to recover from her wreck. We had a lot of fun with him and he impressed quite a few people while he was here, they still ask how he is doing and what he is up to.
6. Gabe was promoted to administrative assistant at work, he equivocates it to being the Dwight (The Office reference) of Heritage Halls. Somehow Heather thinks he is more like Jim.
5. Still not having children anytime soon, but thanks for asking.
4. Heather organized a benefit concert (with lots of help) for a dear family of friends who suffered through a car wreck that came with many expesnes and the loss of a child/sister. Gabe was definitely her right hand man throughout the whole ordeal and while it was rewarding we were grateful for a moment of breath when it was over.
3. is the number of places we have lived this year. We are currently residing in the basement of a wonderful woman and hope to stay here until life takes us out of Happy Valley Utah.
2. is the number of surgeries Heather had within two months of each other. Thank you for the love and support through it all. We plan on next year being much less eventful in the medical arena.
1. We rediscovered what it means to be young, after all we are only 23 and barely 24. There is so much life left for us to live and so much left for us to learn. We look forward to spending each moment growing and staying young all at the same time
We hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
ps- Heather's brother Kris was a little upset he didn't get mentioned in last year's newsletter so here it goes: Congratulations to Matt and Brianne on yet another adorable little boy: Michael Danger and Congratulations to Kris and Jen on another little one on the way!