sometimes you just can't go back

this morning I am looking up flight for one of the artists for the benefit concert who is moving beforehand

this afternoon I will be calling people (adults, people with kids and real jobs and lives) and seeing how things are going with what I have delegated to them.

this is all new to me. I am still used to adults telling me what to do. I am not used to scheduling flights and negotiating and dressing pretty, to act professionally and then having something this important be on the line.

this morning Gabe is taking Adam to school, helping him find his way around classes and get ready for the new school year.

when did we become such adults? when did we start to have appointments and phone conferences and meetings? I received a fax today, about business. strange.

there are a lot of adult things that I have been doing for a long time, but these certain things all seem new and different to me. and I am grateful.

this benefit concert has changed me, it has helped me begin to see my potential. it has made me realize that there is so much more I can be doing with my life, even while going to school. I have been thanked numerous times for helping with things, but in all sincerity I feel as if I need to thank others for this opportunity.

and while I am doing all of these 'adult' tasks no worries, I am still taking time to do things like stay up until 1am playing Super Mario with my husband and little brother, listening to music, getting into wrestling matches, and being giddy around the guy I'm crushing on (the husband...)

I like that I am beginning to find a balance in my life, hopefully I continue to improve in that area because I am almost positive I will never fully grow up.

I am also perfectly okay with that.

Popular Posts