Monday, June 6, 2011

why is it

that when someone really disappoints me my immediate reaction is to want to punch them? usually in the face...

It is irrational but, there it is.
**just for the record I have never punched anyone in the face except my siblings when we were all being too rambunctious when I was maybe the ripe age of 7**


when I say disappointment I am not talking about someone standing me up to hang out I mean disappointment because I have discovered they actually are kind of a jerk of a human being. people disappoint me over and over, and I go through this cycle

anger- hence the punching in the face
ignoring- because I don't want to face the fact that they disappointed me
denial- I try to justify their actions
disgust- when I finally realize that they really did disappoint
helplessness- because everyone isn't what I hold them up to be
disappointment- in them for doing it and in me for believing they were better than that
a long run with some good music- because this is what I do to get my emotions out

maybe it isn't the healthiest... but at least no one gets punched