a sickly state of mind

I have been oober sick as of late.
I thought things were bad when I had a severe sinus infection, until I got strep throat too. I thought that was miserable until I became even more ill with food poisoning and let me tell you, that was hellacious.

But, all is well that ends well and I am thankfully back at work today. While I was sick there was a lot of time for thinking and here are some of the things I came up with:

I have always been deathly afraid of apocalyptic type movies, I do not like the idea of the world ending with aliens or nuclear bombs or zombies. I also tend to have an overactive imagination at times. Combine the two with being delirious because of sickness and it can be interesting. So... after imagining my impending death due to a tornado that caused an earthquake to make a tsunami I decided enough is enough!

We can live with fear directing our lives or we can lead our lives too busy for fear. I am not talking about living in denial I am simply talking about living.

Yes, the economy is scary. Graduating school, having babies, making money, moving away, natural disasters, toupe Trump being president... all of these things can be really frightening. But that's not what life is about, if we live our lives revolving around a world of scaremongers where will that get us?

If I am living a great life and that tornado earthquake tsunami takes me out... Awesome. That just means it is time for my next adventure.

Popular Posts