Inspired.

I love things that inspire me... and I don't mean in a five minutes after Remember the Titans sort of way but those things that make me want to be a better person, and make my positive mark on the world. Sometimes, those inspirations come and go but there are a few that are here to stay. While I know the list is longer than this here are my top three as of this moment:

1. The husband. He is my rock and my safe place, he is my best friend and is always pushing me to be a better version of myself.
Today, I was just having one of those off days and at lunch he could really tell. He gave me the usual hug and kiss, which is always a good thing. But then, he went one step further by calling me just to tell me that the shave ice stand is now open... yeah, I was excited by the shave ice but even more so because my husband knows what makes me smile and does his best to make that happen.

Today, he inspired me to be grateful for the good things in life.

2. Music
music is apart of who I am, it is in my soul and blood. Music is how I have connected with so many people and sometimes its the only way I can reach my little brother who is at the ripe age of teenager. Music has inspired me to feel and to love others.

3. my Momma
if you know anything about my mom you know she has been through more in the last year than many people go through in a lifetime, and yet she still persists. she wakes up every morning with the will to live and love and to be a mom, a nurse, and a wife all at the same time. my mom inspires me to finish my education, never give up on people and to be strong when there seems to be no strength left.

Popular Posts