Thursday, February 3, 2011

To Make You Feel My Love...

I grew up on country... So there is no surprise that I am a big Garth Brooks fan. I am obsessed with the song To Make You Feel My Love and was pleasantly surprised to find out not only did Bob Dylan originally write it and perform it but that Billy Joel, Adele and Kelly Clarkson have all done covers of it as well...

My current favorite is Adele. I love her sultry voice and it is in a key I can sing along to.

I miss singing... A lot. In high school it was a large part of who I was and when I came to college I just kind of lost it...I'm getting it back, it might be rough at first but I miss that part of who I was... I want it to once again be a part of who I am.

Anyways... I remember this song from when I was younger. After my dad left, my mom would sing along and sing us to sleep with it. I know this is a love song but... when I was little it meant I was safe, that there was someone who would always be there for me. Like anyone else we have had our rough spots... But, I love my momma and the many things she gave me, one of them being an appreciation for music.