Wednesday, January 19, 2011

finally, a day off!

Monday I went to IKEA for the first time. While it can be overwhelming at first, it seems like everything in the store is there to please the customer. No wonder it is so popular! If you haven't been I recommend finding the nearest one, getting a shopping buddy and going!

The initial reason for us going to IKEA was to get a new bedroom set (sheets, duvet cover, pillows)for my birthday present. But nothing there quite matched what we were looking for. I probably have the most patient husband ever because he let me go to five different stores to finally find something I liked within our budget. I finally picked something we both like (I didn't want Gabe to have to wake up to a girly room every morning) and will post pictures soon. But, my favorite part of the day was getting to spend so much time with the husband. Because we no longer work together and I have 3 night classes, seeing each other during the week is becoming more rare. Usually when we are spending time it is cleaning, grocery shopping, doing homework or sleeping because both of us are exhausted. Getting out and going somewhere without a super busy schedule laid out for the day was such a needed break.
All of the homework and housework that has added up because of it might not be so great...