Kidney Stones...

Everyone gets sick... I get sick a little more than the average person but its something I have accepted, or so I thought. I've never had cancer, I've only had a handful of surgeries in my life and I have nothing life threatening. I have always considered being sick to be an annoyance (which is sometimes expencisve, ICU bills don't come cheap) but one I could live with. And then I got kidney stones. I HATE kidney stones and they most obviously hate me. I found myself getting angry last night because I was sick yet again...

I know I should be grateful that they are temporary, that I live in a country with access to good health care and that I have a husband who will stay up until past 1am with me until the painkiller kicks in...
I AM grateful for all of these things

But I think I will be even more grateful when the time comes that I can be thankful for good health

Popular Posts