i really dont have much time to be writing this. school is insane at the moment but i needed somewhere to vent, even if only for a moment or two.
maybe vent is the wrong word. more like take notes so i can remember these random thoughts in the future.
so... here it is:
- thank you regina spektor for writing music that isnt about love
- i am happy when i am not worrying about the details i have no control over and instead focusing on the specifics i can influence
- words can rip a relationship apart, misunderstandings and lack of communication dont serve anyone well
- trusting the Lord is sometimes so much easier said than done
- jealousy is lousy
- even the best of friends can be untrustworthy, sometimes the selfish desires of a person overpower their ability to give good advice
... that being said there is one friend who will never lead me or anyone else astray. while we are imperfect, He will perfect us. but only if we are willing to let Him.
an apostle of the Lord says it much better than I am:
God does not look on the outward appearance. I believe that He doesn’t care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten. Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God’s love encompasses us completely -Dieter F Uchtdorf