a very Merry Christmas indeed. . .

Yesterday was fantastic. definitely anything but conventional. but I met a lot of different people and the spirit of Christmas was definitely there. the birth of Christ is one of the things I am most grateful for in my life because of everything that has stemmed from it. all the things that have come about in my life alone are miraculous and then i think of the people i love and how their lives and changed because of the Savior and I "stand all amazed"

things i truly enjoyed yesterday:
-french toast at 12am. my sister and i wanted to eat breakfast together and then decided that we didnt want to wait for the morning since we were awake anyways. french toast, turkey sausage, egg nog and the christmas story, we started the day out right
-getting to hear my little brothers open their presents over the phone. i asked my mom to call me and let me hear them open the presents i helped pick out. it was fantastic :)
-watching a kinght's tale. how i love that movie... i think Emily and i have decided to make this a Christmas tradition.
-eating all kinds of yummy food but especially stuffing and peppermint chocolate... Mmmmmmm
- meeting amazing people who inspire me to go on adventures and continue to develop who i am (I met someone who is going back to Africa this summer to backpack medical supplies into villages that are unreachable otherwise and I met another someone who was American in Cuba right after the bay of Pigs, saw Fidel Castro and made it out unscathed to tell the tale)
- being reminded of everything i have been blessed with because of the birth of the Savior


yeah... Christmas was pretty memorable this year

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever not believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life

Popular Posts