third times the charm

I'm not sure why but as of late i seem to attract a lot of attention from police officers while hanging out with my friend Gabe. I've been pulled over three times in the past little bit while in his company. each time i was given a warning, and each time it seemed it was a bit ridiculous i was pulled over in the first place. this morning while being pulled over we were both trying hard not to laugh when the officer asked to see my license and registration... i mean come on, what are the odds?! we figure this is a record of some sort, especially because this morning i was pulled over for traveling too slow (a Goolsby girl... what?!)

1. I was driving on University Ave and was pulled over as the officer informed me that my back left tail light was partially out, but he gave me a warning as long as I promised to get it replaced by that Friday

2. Sitting in my car listening to music and talking about our missions a police officer comes up to my car to inform me that the park had closed over two hours ago, to make the story better I didnt have my current insurance card or registration in the car. After checking both our licenses the officer told me that he should probably make me park my car and take me home but that he was going to make me park my car and then leave, what I did after that was up to me... I came home and put my updated information in the car that night...

3. Driving to the airport this morning we saw a police officer right behind me and laughed saying wouldnt it be funny... and then the officer turned his lights on and I was informed that if someone approaches your vehicle from behind in the two far left lanes in Utah you should get over. I was impeding traffic by going 5 over in the left lane. I had left my license at home because I wasnt planning on driving, I was driving Gabe's roommate Dane's car (registration expired). The officer once again took Gabe's license and my information and then gave me a warning. I think our saving grace was that Gabe was writing his talk for church and had a preach my gospel open on his lap...

Hopefully this trend has come to a close... I really dont know how many more menial laws I can break...

Popular Posts